Due to the sad death of Carol Yates (née Gibson) this site is no longer being developed. I will keep it running until the end of the hosting contract (September 30th 2017). If anyone wishes to take it over please contact me using the contact form on this page.
CCHS Class of 1965
- Why 1965? That’s the year that we took our GCE ‘O’ levels.
- Not everyone stayed on into the 6th form, so this is the most inclusive
- We have had irregular reunions in the past – they are still ad hoc, usually
arising when someone feels motivated to volunteer to organise them!
- There is a fairly comprehensive contact list now, which also includes people
from other years who want to be kept informed and/or attend functions.
- As usual, many hands make light work when organising reunions; if you feel
so inclined just contact us using the form on the right.
- Old pages have been redone, new photos have been added…
- Way back in 1955, for the School’s Silver Jubilee, amongst all the other celebrations was an Anthem which was especially written for us, by Dr.Middleton (the organist at the Cathedral) and the choir not only sang this anthem in the Cathedral, but also recorded it in the Grammar School Hall. This recording was made on one of the old 75rpm records and (almost) every family bought a copy. The recording was made by Hilda Catherall, who had a Music and Record shop in St.Werburgh Street. Does anyone have information about the whereabouts of any surviving records?
The bigger picture
A full size version of the school photo can be downloaded from here. Download
Please note that this is a very big file and may take some time to download.
[ Back to top ]